View Single Post
Old March 4, 2013, 12:06 PM   #15
Uncle Malice

Quote:
you can save money using non-jacketed lead bullets. You can't shoot those through your OEM barrel, but they'll work fine in a LW barrel.
You *CAN* shoot lead bullets out of a Glock just fine... you just need to clean it more frequently to remove lead build up - but it's not like every magazine.

I have fired 200+ rounds of lead in both 9mm and .40 through factory barrels at a single range trip with little-to-no obvious signs of leading. If you're going out to spend a day at the range and shoot 1000 rounds through the gun without cleaning... that might be a problem. Shooting lead here and there is perfectly safe.

As for Lone Wolf barrels, I like them just fine. I prefer to pay the extra nominal fee to get the 'blind' markings on the barrel so you don't have the huge wolf on the top of the barrel hood. Additionally, I usually opt for the blackening of the barrel as well. Once that's done, the barrels are almost indistinguishable from a factory barrel by a casual glance. Although upon inspection, you'll see the barrel doesn't have the Glock markings.

Page generated in 0.03162 seconds with 8 queries