View Single Post
Old August 7, 2012, 07:11 AM   #30
TexasJustice7

Quote:
JohnSka: My take is that the law makes it clear that a CHL holder must make a reasonable attempt to conceal the firearm. I think we all print unintentionally from time to time and that's clearly not illegal. On the other hand, TX CHL holders who know and don't care that their gun is always obviously printing are, in my opinion, intentionally failing to conceal and therefore are not acting in accord with the letter or spirit of the law.
Someone intentionallly carring unconcealed with no attempt at concealment is likely to be arrested since we do not have open carry in Texas. Someone's shirt blowing up, etc, might result in an old lady calling the police but is not intentional unconcealment. Many people wear light clothing in Texas due to the tripple digit heat. I have traveled all over Texas without any problem wearing a galco paddle holster, and carrying a Charter Arms 44 Spl which is the same size approximately of a J frame. I am careful not to pick up anything including change that happens to fall on the floor, and I wear a thick heavy harbor bay shirt with one pocket to hold speedloaders.

If however someone is arrested for intentional unconcealment by someone in law enforcement that happens to be anti-gun one may run attorney fees but convicting them would be difficult. My experience is that law abiding citisens who are not breaking the law don't have much to worry about unless they are flagrantly unconcealing their weapon. Where I live I know most of the law enforcement officers however.

One thing I wonder about however, is say, Texas is NOT an open carry state, but if a state next to us has Open Carry, would a person with a Texas Permit be permitted to open carry in a state that is reciprical with Texas.
I would never carry openly anyway, but just wondering how that works.
While I never say anything to anyone I see carrying, I try to spot people that are but consider it none of my business.

Page generated in 0.02262 seconds with 8 queries