View Single Post
Old April 1, 2013, 09:31 AM   #16
voyager4520

My Gen3 G27 ejected erratically though never into my face. I installed a 28926 ejector into its Gen3 trigger housing and replaced the extractor and that fixed it.

Since yours is a Gen4 and you should be receiving a Gen4 .40 trigger housing that contains the 28926 ejector, all you should have to do is swap trigger housings. If erratic ejection continues after the new ejector, you may also need a replacement extractor. Glock's latest extractors have widely varying specs and you may end up needing a replacement.

Here's some detail strip info if you've never done it before, you'll need a 3/32 inch punch such as the Glock Armorer's Tool.

HD Full Detail Strip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV0wDDFV0NY

Make sure when you reassemble the frame, that the locking block pin is in the frame before you install the slide stop. This will ensure that the slide stop spring goes to its correct position, under the locking block pin, to give the slide stop spring its tension. If you install the locking block pin after installing the slide stop, you may damage the slide stop spring and the spring will not be in the correct position, resulting in the slide locking back with ammo still in the magazine.

On the following page are some Glock Armorer's Manuals, just scroll down to the "G" section. I learned from the Update Manual and 2009 Manual. The 2009 Manual has a few pages missing, but that info can be found in the Update Manual as well.
http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm

If all you get is the ejector you'll need to remove the Gen4 trigger housing from your frame and pull the 1882 ejector out of it with a pair of pliers, then slide the 28926 ejector into it and reinstall the trigger housing into the frame. When I did it I wrapped the teeth of the pliers in masking tape so the ejectors wouldn't get gouged or scratched. You must remove the trigger housing from the frame before swapping ejectors, part of the frame covers the bottom of the ejector and you may damage the frame if you try to swap ejectors while the housing is still in the frame. Here's a picture showing how the ejector slides out of the housing:

Last edited by voyager4520; April 1, 2013 at 09:40 AM.

Page generated in 0.03471 seconds with 8 queries