View Single Post
Old March 11, 2011, 01:51 PM   #10
christcorp

I agree with most of what everyone here has said. 2 things that are simply my opinion.

1. USGI surplus mags work just as well. I like them better than plastic mags. I've dropped a lot of them in practice and on active duty. I've never had any major problems. Yes; crap can happen and it could land just right and bend something. Then again; dropped just right on a cold day, and a plastic mag, even a PMag, can break.

2. When people say that a USGI mag costs the same as a PMag, that is because they don't know how to shop and buy USGI mil surplus magazines. I've NEVER spent more than $7 on a USGI Mil Surplus magazine. And a quality magpul Gen III follower at the MOST only costs $1.50. So the most expensive USGI Magazine I've ever owned with a quality follower and running at 100% quality, only cost $8.50. That's the MOST EXPENSIVE I've ever paid. That is considerably less money than the average $14-$16 PMag. So no; they don't cost about the same. You just need to know where to look. Even online with a New Magpul Gen III follower already installed is only $10.

But there is nothing wrong with PMag magazines. They just aren't for me. I prefer USGI Military Surplus metal magazines with the magpul gen III follower. I like them better than ANY plastic magazine.

Page generated in 0.03351 seconds with 8 queries