View Single Post
Old April 5, 2015, 03:04 PM   #15
Walt Sherrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinspeed
The 210 is another classic that you will find very few can shoot nice tight groups.
The P-210, of course, was created to function as a service pistol, but all of the ones I've been exposed to, and the one I owned some years back, were exceptionally accurate. (Even some of the military surplus M/49s from Europe seemed to be very accurate.)

My P-210-6, made in 1976 -- but purchased NIB from a distributor in late 1997 -- came with a proof target showing a 1.75" group at 50 meters, roughly 55 yards. I've seen others with smaller groups on the proof targets. I could never shoot that small a group, myself, and I didn't have a Ransom Rest...

What do YOU consider a "nice tight group?"

I also had a S&W 52-2, and it would get groups comparable to the 210-6 (at closer distances) when I fired it, but others may have been able to do better with it. It had a wonderful trigger.

I was very frustrated by the fact that the 52-2 was very picky about ammo, the OAL had to be exactly right or it wouldn't fit in the magazine -- and since I didn't handload I had difficulty finding stuff I could shoot. I was also disappointed in the 5-round mag capacity. (One gunsmith was able to increase the capacity to 6 rounds by modifing the follower...) I've always thought I'd like to ge hold of a 952 one of these days...

Last edited by Walt Sherrill; April 6, 2015 at 03:00 PM.

Page generated in 0.03644 seconds with 8 queries