View Single Post
Old September 1, 2000, 02:21 PM   #2
Koolau 2

I know someone who owns a blue Govt model. I have shot it extensively, so I might be able to help...

1. Colt stopped making these last fall. At the time, some folks were buying them up for speculation. Don't know if this is the case now.

2. Can't say, only shot the Mustang a couple of times. Some of the 380 built in the mid80s had I believe extractor problems. There is a fix for this. The Govt model I shot had teething problems the first 100 rounds or so, but has been reliable for the last 400 rounds. Doesn't like Silvertips - does like Hydroshocks.

3. Reasonably accurate out to 10 yards or so, with the edge to the Govt model. Terrible sights. They ARE pocket pistols, so considering the limitations accuracy ain't too bad.

4. My friend didn't have to spend any bucks, but if it was to be my backup carry piece I would send it to Scott at SM&A for the Pocket Carry Package (www.colt380.com). Website BTW is a good source of info.

5. Most folks that I know go for the Mustang, since they are buying the pistol for maximum concealability. Personally speaking, when I was offered a Govt 380, I passed it up for a Glock 26. Not all that much larger and 9mm to boot.

Page generated in 0.02619 seconds with 8 queries