View Single Post
Old January 3, 2010, 12:10 AM   #7
zippy13

BFaubion, like the others , I recommend a bottom ejector pump gun for a south paw. With a left handed gun you'll face potential problems with spare parts that are specific to the LH model (like extra barrels). And it may be a slow mover should you want to sell it. An ambidextrous gun is your better bet, by far.

As far as barrel length is concerned, I should tell you that my friend BigJIm typically prefers a barrel that a little on the long side for most folks. He, like some other experienced shooters, like a Skeet gun with a 30-in barrel because it swings very smoothly. But, it may not be the best length for a new or smaller shooter. Forty years ago most Skeet guns had 26-in barrels. Another thing to remember is because a pump has a longer action that an O/U, the overall length of a pump will about the same as an O/U with 2-in longer barrels. If your Nova seemed like it had too much barrel with the 28, perhaps you should at least look at another pump with a 26. Yes, a 26-in barrel is a common size for the Browning BPS.

Page generated in 0.02768 seconds with 8 queries