View Single Post
Old October 3, 1999, 08:21 PM   #3
hksigwalther

If you work the bolt of a Benellis with a round in the chamber the loaded round will eject without another being released from the magazine. This is it's normal function (i.e., no other action is needed, just pull the bolt back). If you want a round from the mag to load into the chamber when cycling the bolt, you'll have to depress the mag release (or fire the round in the chamber - squeeze the trigger).

Browning semi-autos have a magazine cut-off lever that you can pull before pulling the bolt back and the rounds in the mag will not advance. The normal mode, I think, is whenever the bolt cycles (without pulling the MC) the next round will eject onto the carrier (the moving part that angles the round toward the chamber when the bolt goes forward). This is sort of the reverse of the Benelli where you have to keep the rounds in the mag from advancing before pulling the bolt.

Not sure about Remingtons but I'll know next week since I just ordered an 11-87. Don't know about the Mossberg 9200 also.

For pumps, the new Benelli NOVA has a mag cut-off button on the bottom of the foregrip. Mossberg 5XXs don't have one (at least the 590s). Don't know about Brownings or Rems.

- Ron V.

------------------

[This message has been edited by hksigwalther (edited October 03, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.03387 seconds with 8 queries