View Single Post
Old April 3, 2013, 02:09 PM   #6
GWS

The negative response is based on how he trims and preps brass. There are other ways. Personally I wouldn't be without my Trim Mate.

I automated my Forster Trimmer, so that a case trims, chamfers, deburrs, and ejects into a bin, in about 3 seconds. Post-trim case prep is a quick pass through the RCBS bench swager and Trim Mate in one continuous operation: Swage, then on the T.M. ream the edge of the primer pocket a little, Uniform the pockets, and finally deburr the flash holes. The reamer (less than a second) does three things for me: makes identification of swaged brass obvious, makes the uniformer easier to center, and makes primers easier to start. This quick operation wouldn't be quick at all without the Trim Mate, nor would I have the trouble-free primer seating I have on my progressive Pro 2000.

BTW, the pocket uniforming is a must for my progressive....which has a depth adjustment for primers that is only useful if primer pockets all have the same depth.....which they don't without the uniforming step.

RCBS has a new tool that would do all the above in combination with the Bench Swager, called the Universal Case Prep Center. If they delivered that a few years ago, I wouldn't have had to mod and automate my Forster.

Last edited by GWS; April 3, 2013 at 07:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.03336 seconds with 8 queries