View Single Post
Old November 11, 2012, 12:14 PM   #12
FairWarning

Since discovering the intrawebs, I stopped using corrosive ammo. There are numerous Euro bargains online, with the best overall being Sellior & Bellot at $18 for a 20 pack of 196 gr SPs at 2592 fps. That is full on hot .30-06 power for substantially less than the anemic American 170 gr loads and it is very high quality ammo.

For inexpensive but very accurate surplus, check out the M75 Yugo Sniper ammo. Still corrosive, but I would make an exception in that case if I didn't already have more 8mm ammo than I could probably ever shoot. 8mm is not the kind of round I shoot as if it were .22 LR (although I used to shoot 7.62x39 that way ).

Regarding Mitchells, they are generally excellent shooters and look great, although any resale will be hurt amongst the knowledgeable since they have been refurbished, which is painful since you have to buy them at a premium price from the source. And get ready for big doses of Haterade from internet and gun counter purists. If you don't care about those people (and why should you?), then enjoy.

Page generated in 0.01947 seconds with 8 queries