Thread: Saw & Minimi
View Single Post
Old June 29, 2008, 01:09 PM   #3
David Hineline

Two problems

First problem as to semi automatic, this design fires from the open bolt, ATF considers open bolt semi autos are regulated the same as machineguns, so any manuf. who wanted to put out a semi auto version would have to do it from a complete new design not being able to use std. available parts.

Second problem the guns are imported FN Belgium. Imported machineguns were banned from citizens in 1968 so not gonna find an original gun in country that old.

Up till 1986 one of the guns would have to been imported, then receiver destroyed with the receiver being manuf. by a US company then be re-sold to be transferable to citizens as US manuf. machineguns was 1986.

So you are looking for the unobtainable, if one or two did exists I would say $150,000 for one would not be out of line.

The .223 mini gun used in the movie predator is in private hands and each time it sells, the price goes up, I believe the last time it was over $200,000 mark.

I reccomend you first move to a NFA friendly state and take baby steps into something affordable in the $15,000 range or lower rather than searching for the holy grail.

Page generated in 0.02277 seconds with 8 queries