View Single Post
Old May 16, 2000, 11:45 AM   #44
Dr.Rob
Staff Alumnus

ten feet.. for me that's three steps (i have a long stride) and three steps away from the barrel of my shotgun there is a ragged hole in the cardboard about an inch across with a few "flyers" and sometimes a hole where the wad went through the cardboard. At 20 feet with #9 that pattern opens up to about a six inch diameter of dense shot with flyers extending out here and there. TRY shooting steels at 15-20 yards with birdshot and you'd be amazed how many people MISS.

Shot guns are not laser beams or hand grenades.. You still have to put the sights on target to make the shot go where you want it to.

With a hostage maybe a rifle or carbine would be better.. but I don't anticipate that being an issue.

Do you know where your rifle shoots at 10 feet? At 15? if you are shooting an Ar15 your eyes are 2.5 inches above the bore line. at ten feet you have a very good chance of getting a shoot through (your hostage) if you don't hold high. 2.5 inches is a LOT of leeway when your adrenaline is up.

Hope None of us ever has to make a hostage shot.. get a big dog to aid in your home defense to prevent this.

Page generated in 0.02647 seconds with 8 queries