View Single Post
Old June 19, 2002, 03:49 PM   #1
Futo Inu

Two separate reloaders or one?

I've have planned on getting a Dillon 550B for some time, to finally get started in reloading. But my friend has a possible deal on a Square Deal B. He says I should look into using the SDB for pistol calibers, and get a second reloader for rifle calibers, since the SDB is so easy to change out pistol calibers with. But neither of us know whether the 550B is as easy to switch out between calibers as the SDB is. If it is, then obviously, I will simply wait and get the 550B. But is there some advantage to having a SDB strictly for pistol rounds, and having a second, in terms of ease/speed of changing? The 550 is progressive, additionally, so I would think the time saved in using it would more than make up for time spent swapping dies, anyway. So, basically, I just need more info on how the 550B works, as I believe it will serve all my needs quite well, but just not sure. BTW, I'm going to be reloading:

Near-term: .45acp/.450 triton, .40 *&*, and 6.5x55
Long-term: Add 9x19, 10x25 (same dies as .40), .308win (and possibly .223, 7.62x39, and .30 carbine).

Page generated in 0.02488 seconds with 8 queries