View Single Post
Old October 17, 2002, 09:15 AM   #10
Will Fennell

Partitions are GOOD

Fian,
THe 7/08 is a great deer, whitetail or otherwise. We have a spare around the gunsafe, and Dad and I have been using it a bit on Whitetails and wildhogs. Great results. We use the 140 gr Nosler Partitions[with Federal's Premium load with this great bullet, I don't bother to reload this round] with great effect. The 7/08 has plenty of striking power at distances greater than most folks need to be attempting big game @......

P990,
My father is a nut for an old Pre-64 M70 in .264 win mag. I do all his reloading, and we have settled for the last 8-9 years on the 125 gr nosler partition for that particular gun. Of course its zipping out at alot higher speed that it will out of a 260 Rem, but the bullet has performed great, even at extended ranges. Here in South Carolina, we have a VERY long deer season[Aug 15th to Jan 1], and no limit, so we put alot of deer in freezers. Dad, being "semi retired", usually uses his fav. .264 on 10-15 whitetails per year....and the results of that bullet, 125 gr Nosler Partition, has been fantastic. The bullet ALWAYS expands, even at long range[lower striking speed], and it ALWAYS holds together. Out of all the deer that it has taken, I have only recover 2-3 bullets.......one was out of a Red Stag in Scotland. On that hunt, Dad took 3 Stag, then loaned his rifle out to the rest of the hunters there after the Estate's loaner rifle went on the Fritz. The .264 with 125 gr Partitions took 6 more Stag that week.

Yeah, we are sold on .260 cal/6.5mm 125 grain Partitions

Page generated in 0.05051 seconds with 8 queries