View Single Post
Old January 13, 2019, 10:09 AM   #58
Jim Watson

Quote:
The top left arm pin is a hollow pin, I wonder if that is the weak link and designed to flex when x amount of stress is put on the frame to prevent it breaking.
I think that is so you can reach through the left pin with a long punch to drive out the right pin.

I once skimmed over the instructions for a Lee Collet Neck Size Die, screwed it WAY down in the Rockchucker, and blew the top plug right out of the die body as the linkage "cammed over." Lee replaced it but with a callout to their instructions not to cam.

The headspace on a .308 chamber is the distance from the bolt face to a .400" datum in the shoulder cone.
Well, looky here, there is also a specification for the distance from the casehead to a .400" datum on the cartridge shoulder. They don't call it "cartridge headspace" but I do because it is fewer words.

If I am loading mixed brass, it is probably not for serious target shooting, so I size the dickens out of it to be sure it all chambers freely. Good enough for plinking, 3-gun, or offhand practice where the target is large.
I am more careful loading same lot number brass for small group/high score.

Page generated in 0.03237 seconds with 8 queries