View Single Post
Old May 16, 2015, 09:46 PM   #13
Deaf Smith

Quote:
Staying in the weaver stance and trying to shoot small groups at a pit bull (dog or human) closing on you from 15 ft. would be unlikely to happen.
If you have been trained diligently in the 'weaver' stance, or any particular stance, then you will most likely do as you are trained.

The key word is 'diligently'.

Few train much at all. But those who train often and hard will far more likely do as they train.

And you mistake the weaver stance with 'small groups'.

The weaver stance has NOTHING to do with small groups. It was invented to CONTROL RECOIL.

Being later added to the Modern Technique (MT) it was combined with flash sight picture, compressed surprise break, large caliber pistol, and Coopers color code of readiness.

Yes there are other 'stances', and other ways to manipulate the trigger, and other ways to see the sights (or not), but one can shoot very fast and hit very well under stress with the weaver stance.

Again, the key word is 'diligently' when it comes to practice.

Quote:
My point is that although as people we tend to react a certain way, we can learn or train ourselves to respond differently.
And with that I agree. That is what training is all about, especially diligent training.

Deaf

Page generated in 0.03320 seconds with 8 queries