View Single Post
Old May 16, 2015, 09:11 AM   #10
DMK

Quote:
I think he has a point about how you will react if attacked. Staying in the weaver stance and trying to shoot small groups at a pit bull (dog or human) closing on you from 15 ft. would be unlikely to happen. Weaver stance doesn't give you a very good platform to move off of either.
Exactly.

I agree with the whole "falling back to your level of training" thing and that not all instinctual reactions are appropriate to modern life.

But what I'm reading from the book is more about follow through. If nature has started you down a path in that split second of surprise, shouldn't we follow though on that and work with some of our instinctual reactions, rather than fighting against them with our training?

For example, nature is not going to throw you into a bladed Weaver stance, so why back out of a workable stance that you are already in and then set yourself up again in a something else.

Training is very important and we all have a lot to learn and practice. So just work with the initial instinctive reactions, , follow through and spend maybe better effort on things like trigger control, recoil management, reloading techniques, shooting while moving, etc.

Last edited by DMK; May 16, 2015 at 09:31 AM.

Page generated in 0.03392 seconds with 8 queries