View Single Post
Old June 21, 2009, 07:23 PM   #36
Deaf Smith

Quote:
he compares being downrange to driving a car on the highway or riding w/o a motorcyle helmet.
Wagonman,

First, if you think about it, every time a car drives past you it's like a 16 inch gun shell whizzed by. And if it struck you head on it would be just a huge impact (and in fact lots are killed just that way.) And every car 'misses' you by just a few feet. So there is some relevance to what he said.

Plus have you heard complaints about trick shooters that would shoot cigarettes or such out of people’s mouths?

Now with that being said, yes it’s a dangerous practice. Yes it’s not something I’d be eager to do. Yes someone can get shot. But, if the shooters are experienced and they volunteer to go, well it’s up to them.

Not my cup of tea, but did you know in WW2 they had GIs in foxholes while training and they would fire enemy guns over their heads so they could hear the report and recognize different weapons by the sound? Did you know we had GIs crawl under wire while machineguns fired real bullets over their heads, and if you stuck your head up it would be blown off?

Like I said, it's not my cup of tea but if others want that level of training, well it's their arse.

Page generated in 0.03342 seconds with 8 queries