View Single Post
Old September 1, 2013, 08:36 PM   #1
bedbugbilly

Ruger LC9 - looking for some info / thoughts from owners. Thanks.

Normally, I carry a Ruger LCR for CCW - but I do have a Ruger SR9 that I sometimes utilize. Like most of us on here though, a person sometimes gets a "bug" to try something new. I've searched on here in regards to the LC9 and found some info on it but would like to hear from some of you who actually own and shoot one.

I'm a "Ruger fan" - own a number of them as well as S & W and Colts but I'd like a smaller 9mm semi-auto for CCW at times. I've looked at the .380s - Bodyguard, LCP, etc. and I just don't know how much I'd like one that small - plus I primarily shoot 38spl and 9mm - so would like to stick with a 9mm as I like the cartridge and sometimes it is easier for me to find the 9mm cartridges in the areas I'm in.

So . . . .

For those of you that have the LC9, after having it for a while, shooting it and possibly using it for CCW . . . what are your thought on it?

Size wise, it looks like it would be a decent compact size semi to carry. I'd be more than comfortable with the capacity of the magazine and the single stack mag certainly helps to keep the pistol thinner than the SR9.

What about recoil? Comfortable or uncomfortable to shoot?

Overall function . . . . are the "bugs" worked out of the design and have you experienced many problems with yours? FTF, FTE, etc.? If you've had any problems, what were they?

Accuracy at SD distances? As far as practice at a range, are the sights adequate?

Your overall thoughts on the LC9? Would you recommend one or not? Would you get one again?

Yea, I know there are a lot of other makes and models out there but the LC9 is the one I'm interested in hearing some thoughts on. It looks like a decent compact 9mm that would be an nice CCW . . . I'd just like to know more about 'em before I decide to drop the cash on one. Thanks!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03419 seconds with 8 queries