View Single Post
Old February 28, 2013, 08:34 AM   #6
Sure Shot Mc Gee

There's not much maintenance needed to keep them running. A drop or two of 3 in 1 oil in the motors cup. Oil level filled up to the middle of its site glass and this grinder should be good to go. The only thing I could mention. See if it has a hard fibre washer mounted on the rear of it worm.To grind without one causes metal wear between the worm shaft and its grinder head. The grinding head is meant to come off so to be cleaned afterwords. Every time you use it. I have one similar as yours. I just throw the parts of my grinding head into our dishwasher when needing to be cleaned. Just try as best as you can to pick the pieces of sinew, meat, and bread (used to clear the grinding head) off/out first before washing. Pork steak and stew meat will indeed temp you to make something special for the grill or stove. Just takes a little (Spice) experimenting on your part and a good book of recipes to follow such as " Great Sausage Recipes by Rytek Kutas or Home Sausage Making by Peery & Reavis. Or_ All Recipes_ on the internet has a few good ones too. Have fun.

Page generated in 0.02826 seconds with 8 queries