View Single Post
Old May 22, 2012, 03:05 AM   #10
arcticap

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunXpatriot
If you have a gun shop or outdoors based shop, would you hire a fairly mature 16 year old if they had expertise?
Please don't take this the wrong way but since you asked the answer would most likely be "No, probably not".
Maybe if you were a family member or had expertise/experience that enabled you to do necessary tasks, and if I didn't have any hope of finding someone more suitable to perform them. However I simply can't imagine what tasks those would be with the limited info. that you provided. Why spend time training someone to perform certain tasks when they're probably going back to school in the fall and won't be available to work most of the time? Generally I think that employers try to find the most qualified people to fill positions, and who are the most compatible fit for their business and needs.
It doesn't really matter what I think anyway. If you go and apply at various places and those in charge think that you're the best candidate for the job, then they will hire you no matter what I think.
At this stage of your life you want to apply where they might need you the most, and not necessarily at the place where you would rather be hired at.
Where do you think that your talents are needed the most?
Don't give up on your desires too easily and good luck!

Last edited by arcticap; May 22, 2012 at 03:47 AM.

Page generated in 0.02075 seconds with 8 queries