View Single Post
Old February 19, 2012, 04:47 PM   #31
Steviewonder1

I have a set of Twin Dillon SDB's. One was in Large Pistol and the other in Small Pistol. That started in 1992. Early on I figured out how easy it was to change out the Primer Assembly from Large to Small. The only issues I had were new springs for the powder assembly and the clamp assembly on the powder and expander die top to set expander depth. Both replaced with no issue or cost. Both are set up side by side with 2 feet between them and to the left is a RCBS DR-X to full length resize 40S&W. I am very flush with a large supply of 45ACP so both presses are set up for Small Pistol Primers. I also only reload Pistol and can do 250-300 per hour on the presses. I saw a video referenced here where the guy was cycling rounds thru his 45ACP to do a chamber check. I have a complete set of Chamber Check Dies for all my calibers I reload. Saves having to fiddle with a gun to make sure the rounds will chamber. I do Chamber Check all my ammo I shoot especially the "Social Type". I did start out on a single stage RCBS press.

Page generated in 0.02956 seconds with 8 queries