View Single Post
Old November 11, 2010, 12:54 PM   #4
bella xo

If I was arrested and charged doesn't that mean I was convicted? I stood before a judge where she ordered me to Anger Management. I did more research and apparently I don't think records can be expunged in NY, sealed maybe but they took my prints and mug shot at the time so I'm pretty sure they'll find it... I think I'm going to go to the courthouse and get the disposition and then try if possible to get it cleared.. If I can't clear it, should I still apply?

This is taken directly from the Permit Application:

7. A.) Arrest Information: If you were ever arrested, indicted or summonsed (other than parking violations) for
any reason you must answer Yes to question-23 and submit a certificate of disposition showing the offense and
the disposition. Also, you must submit a detailed, notarized statement describing the circumstances surrounding
each arrest. YOU MUST DO THIS EVEN IF: the case was dismissed, the record sealed or the case nullified by
operation of law. The New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services will report to us every instance
involving the arrest of an applicant. DO NOT rely on anyone’s representation that you need not list a previous
arrest. If you were ever convicted or pleaded guilty to a felony or a serious offense, as defined in Penal Law
Section 265.00(17), an original Certificate of Relief from Disabilities, with box “a” or box “b” checked, and signed
by a judge, must be submitted.

Page generated in 0.02275 seconds with 8 queries