View Single Post
Old June 1, 2010, 08:49 PM   #1
pythagorean

Remington 1100 Sporting 410

(middle of picures)

I got this a couple years back. You may think I'm a bit eccentric getting it in .410 when the 28, 20, and 12 are around to choose instead. But let me tell you why I did it.

My other shotgun is Beretta's 471 SxS Silverhawk in 20 gauge. That pretty much is all I ever need in a shotgun. But getting back to this crazy .410, I simply couldn't resist buying it after handling it at the store! It points like a dynamic long barreled rifle and swings like a butterfly. It has 5 different chokes to screw in. It just looks and feels grand.

I started shotgunning with a Savage 24 O/U in .22 WMR and 20 ga. That shotgun I fired more than most and I learned the most about shotgunning with that arm.

Then I got an 870 Wingmaster in standard length 12 ga for singles in a trap shooting class. Love the feel of a Remington pump shotgun. Others had 1100s and I shot them. Those were out of my price range in the 70s so the Wingmaster was it for me.

Got an 1187 in 20 gauge around 2000 or so but sold it. No good reason just things like that happen.

So, I see the Sporting 410 and it looks beautiful. I hold it and it points better than any auto shotgun I've ever held or shot. Had a Benelli Montefeltro in 20 but the Inertia system didn't agree with me. So that got sold.

Anyway, so I finally come full circle awhile ago to the Deluxe version of an 1100, but I get it in .410!

Shotgunning clays is plain fun. Using a .410 really makes it more fun.
Anybody ever get this bug in them to go for the small gauge instead of the larger one?

Page generated in 0.02672 seconds with 8 queries