View Single Post
Old November 27, 2008, 07:30 PM   #6
orionengnr

I have owned one Taurus and one Rossi.

The Taurus (M-441, 3" .44 Spl) got me into .44 Spl, but as soon as I got my hands on an S&W 696, the Taurus was gone.

The Rossi (M-68 IIRC, 2" ,38 Spl) was total junk. Each and every shot, the recoil caused the cylinder to unlatch and the action would bind up solid. Slap the cylinder closed and you get one more shot. I replaced the ejector rod and the cylinder latch spring (all I could think of) then took it to a real 'smith. He gave me his opinion, which was not complimentary.

I considered my options, and then exercised the one which brought me the most personal satisfaction. It has been resting at the bottom of a certain lake for the last "few" years.

If you do a search on "Taurus quality" you will find enough reading material to last you through the New Year.

In my personal, admittedly limited experience, I would not recommend against your buying a Taurus, but I would strongly advise you to do your homework beforehand, and I will say that I have no intention of buying another.

On the other hand, I would definitely recommend against buying a Rossi, although now that Taurus owns Rossi, Rossi's quality may come up to the standard of Taurus. New Rossis have Taurus' "lifetime warrantee", so at least you won't have to throw it in a lake...

Page generated in 0.02482 seconds with 8 queries