View Single Post
Old October 9, 2002, 09:17 PM   #2
tommygun45

SUL

I generaly use the Sul for post shooting down and scan. I also use it alot in cornering and clearing. It has never been a problem to clear a stoppage or perform a reload. I like the Sul when working with partners because of the muzzle control it allows. In case of a stress induced ND the bullet and muzzle blast is traveling down in to the deck, not up past my face and ears in to the atmosphere where it will return to earth with the same velocity it left with.
The Sabrina or half Sabrina in particular, can be very useful for reloading at a full sprint. In the instance you find yourself at slide lock while out in the open, reloading while running as fast as you can is highly recomended.
The other problem that I see with Half Sabrina is the unsupported nature of holding a gun head high. If an adversary goes hands on and tries for a gun grab he will have a two on one hand advantage. While we are much stronger pulling toward our centerline I can foresee it turning in to a Polish arm wrestling contest (like when you get someone pulling as hard as they can toward themselves and suddenly let go, Whack they punch themselves right in the chops.)only with a weighty piece of steel, aluminium and polymer the results tend to be worse.

Page generated in 0.03600 seconds with 8 queries