View Single Post
Old August 23, 2013, 10:07 PM   #27
BillCA

Quote:
In my opinion, if the gun is moving hardly at all in your hands when you're firing it ....the grips don't fit your hands properly / or there might be a change that could be recommended with the way you grip the revolver !
BigJim - I think the way you wanted to say that was if the gun moves in your hand, then you need grips that fit your hand better or learn a different way to hold the gun.

Airman basic - back in my day (70's) if we got a new revolver or new checkered grips that felt too sharp, there was an old trick we used. Lay a quarter flat on the checkering and rub it around using your thumb. Just enough pressure to keep the coin flat. About five or six passes would flatten the tips of the checkering enough to prevent a bit or irritated hands.

Sevens- A Texas Ranger revolver? Is that one of the ones in .44-40? I'll be the first to agree that the Pachmayr Presentation grips do work well. Lots of police officers used them through the 60's and 70's (especially good in the rain when you've got slick hands).

Here's a real oddball type of K-frame grip you've probably never seen though.

These are Bianchi's "Lightning" grips, made for 2-2.5" K-frame revolvers. The grips include a metal insert that arcs up to shroud the hammer in the style of the S&W Bodyguard revolvers. It was supposed to ease the draw of the gun from under clothing. They didn't sell that well although some people did like the idea. The grips themselves feel very solid and stable in the hand and aid in getting on target quickly.

Page generated in 0.02855 seconds with 8 queries