View Single Post
Old June 24, 2011, 09:03 PM   #13
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngunz4life
would you automatically secure your children first or would you possibly not do that during a home invasion. Tachi is the only one who answered the question. I have an extensive alarm, we have a pet, and we have lights, sensor lights, locks, etc. none of those things are the issue of this thread. Assume your home has been breached. Some big dude kicked in your effin door, shot your dog, and doesn't give a hoot your alarm went off. he'll probably put a gun to your wife's head and instruct you to cancel the alarm when the company calls(as mentioned already in first two posts: use whatever example you see fit). this is a one shot deal to choose to secure your kids before taking a position or choosing to let that choice pass while getting ready for an imminent gunfight.
Tachi probably has the tactically wise answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachi
If you're dead, you can't do anyone else any good. You might hate yourself later if something happens to one of your kids, but, it's the way it has to be if the BGs are between you and them. Don't do anything to give yourself away. Lay in ambush. Use every advantage. See to yourself first, then clear the house and get your kids.
However, it's that "hate yourself later" that I couldn't take. Under the scenario given -- home breached and a really bad dude in the house -- I would have to make sure my daughter was secure. How I go about that depends on the situation.

Page generated in 0.02385 seconds with 8 queries