View Single Post
Old December 18, 2019, 10:25 PM   #1
ms6852

My new built for long range!

Finally got around to building a long range rifle for 300 yards and farther. The action is factory ruger, I am considering buying a Kidd trigger system but in the meantime I'm going to stone and polish the parts and see if this will help tighten the groups more. The Stock is a Boyds stock with a 20" Kidd barrel, and the scope is a Bushnell Forge 3-18X50 and the glass is phenomenal. This scope has 84 moa of internal elevation adjustment and has a zero stop. Its a 30mm tube and is sitting atop a 20 moa base. Guys I really recommend this scope for target shooting as it has the sharpest and clearest glass I have looked through. They normally are priced at $800 to $1000 but are on sale at 50% off and I have just ordered my second scope for my AR15 RRA.

When I zeroed a cold front coming ing with winds at 17 mph. I was using cheap Winchester M-22 ammo that my sister had gifted me. My rifle shot this ammo well but did not care for it much. I had to many failures to feed and fire, so I would not recommend this ammo for a semi auto firearm. I shot it at 25 meters and 50 meters and they are 10 shot groups, will be taking out to 100 and 200 yards later. Here are the pictures:

Page generated in 0.03714 seconds with 8 queries