Thread: Primer Wow
View Single Post
Old February 15, 2013, 09:58 AM   #1
JRLSH

Primer Wow

Never had this happen before and was wondering if any of you guys(or girls ) had had this happen to you. I was out shooting yesterday, enjoying the sun and some new loads I had made up. I was inspecting each of the rounds after each shot and discovered this one after one of the shots. The sound was the same as all the others and didn't appear to be any different in any way, except when I looked at the case this is what I saw. I have shot this same load(powder, bullet, case, etc.) several times without incident. Was this a bad primer? Bad case? Any help at all would be appreciated. The load was on the starter end of powder and nowhere near the max load. Was thinking I might be on the low side of low as I shot some with more powder than these without any incident like this( ie.too much pressure?). Also look at the bolt face. It caused a dimple in the face of the bolt as well. Should I continue to shoot with this or should I replace the bolt? I fired 2 more rounds after this one without incident but felt like I should stop and get more info before continuing. Needless to say, it was a WTH moment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg primer1.jpg (59.1 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg Bolt1.jpg (64.0 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg Bolt2.jpg (86.4 KB, 118 views)

If you heard the bang,
You weren't the target.

Page generated in 0.02520 seconds with 9 queries