View Single Post
Old August 3, 2008, 06:35 PM   #79
threegun

Tuttle,
Quote:
...and carrying a bigger gun with a more powerful cartridge can just as well do the same....
Agreed however you have eliminated cartridge power from the equation.

Quote:
I'd rather have a firearm that I'm extremely comfortable using in any situation that I can imagine in a gun fight even if it's a .380 rather than compromising and settling for a .45ACP. I would tend to believe the effective use of a gun and your brain FAR outweighs the cartridge you have
It does but if your cartridge lacks the ability to penetrate deeply or through bones, both of the above are for not.

Quote:
What's your definition of "profession"? Not very many citizens make their profession in firearms use. Ballistics are a bit down the line in consideration of what gun/cartridge choice to use. Your opinion of what's involved to have a better chance of surviving is different than others. Just because it doesn't match your criteria doesn't make it fact.
I included that only as an example. Folks who expect trouble only carry puny as a BUG. Just trying to make a point. Carry what you want.....if it can't penetrate oh well.........to late.

Quote:
I actually do believe statistics can back up the claim that "brandishing" a firearm has deterred more crimes from being committed than actual use of a firearm.
I agree however basing everything on the fact that most will give up the attack at the sight of the gun is just not tactically sound IMO after all statistics say you will never need to even brandish your gun yet we still carry.

BTW As a Glock fan you only lost points in the firearms taste category LOL.

Page generated in 0.02544 seconds with 8 queries