View Single Post
Old July 18, 2018, 04:06 PM   #31
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen426 View Post
I would chalk up the reload fumble to adrenaline. A high speed chase is bad enough, then you add bad guys shooting at you.

I think something we should remember is that being a police officer does not automatically make one a gun enthusiast. It is a tool that they have to carry and qualification is usually just once a year. I'm not sure if there are any departments that mandate a specific amount of practice. For officers who aren't gun enthusiasts, practice is probably a range session or two right before they have to re-qualify. This obviously does not apply to SWAT/SRT.
I think Sharkbite hit the nail on the head with the comment about putting the car in park.

As far as training, in my experience the "average" officer varies a lot in skill. I've seen patrol guys that really impress, and others not so much. I would agree that to get to people with the skill level many people seem to expect from police you almost always have to get to SWAT or SRT guys. Those are the guys really putting in the trigger time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.02359 seconds with 8 queries