View Single Post
Old September 25, 2016, 12:48 PM   #28
briandg

I don't feel a need to carry in the home. I have a .357 eight feet away on a shelf. rifle, shotgun in closets, pistols in all bedrooms, in basement. The only places that I don't have almost instant access to weapons is in my kitchen or the half bath off of the kitchen.

Sure, I should carry at all times, it is the rational thing to do if I would follow the logic that there is absolutely no telling when the lightning will strike. Sometimes I do keep a pistol in my pocket all of the time, not always.

My home is a tactical weirdness. As long as I can make it to basement or second floor, the only way anyone can hurt us is to burn the place down. Both stairways are covered absolutely and perfectly, leaving me protected and the intruder exposed completely for several seconds before reaching a dangerous position.

Weigh your vulnerabilities in every place in the house, keep a weapon handy if possible. as was said, though, the safest place to keep a gun is right there in a holster on your body, UNLESS right there on your body is going to be a bad idea at the time.

Page generated in 0.02682 seconds with 8 queries