Thread: 9mm Dilemma
View Single Post
Old July 22, 2018, 07:44 AM   #23
chaim

Out of what you listed, I'd pick the M&P.

I love 1911s, I often carry one of two .45ACP 1911s I own (all steel, Officer sized RIA, Commander sized 1st gen S&W 1911SC). However, I pick them because I shoot a 1911 better than anything else, and how well I shoot with a gun is my current #1 criteria (with reliability being a given for a carry/home defense gun of course- if it isn't reliable, I don't use it). I also like capacity, and since your other guns have it, in a similar size, and you shoot them just as well, you should probably remove the 1911 from your list. Also, for a 1911, I'm not sure I'd carry a 9mm anyway- they tend to be less reliable in 9mm than .45 (though yours may be just fine, so that is more generalized info, and not advice for your specific situation).

I don't have a VP9 so I can't really comment.

I have a 1st gen M&P40c. I love it for carry (when in a state where I can carry). It is the "just right" gun for me when carrying. It is small enough to disappear completely in a tucked IWB holster (and I barely feel it there), yet comfortable to shoot in extended range sessions, and still has decent capacity (10 flush, 15 with the extended mag, and both conceal well). It has been both accurate and totally reliable. It points naturally and feels good in my hand. If I ever decide to get a slightly larger Glock 19/23 sized polymer gun (I have something in that size range in aluminum), the M&P Compact 2.0 will be high on my list.

Page generated in 0.02864 seconds with 8 queries