View Single Post
Old July 21, 2018, 09:14 AM   #2
NoSecondBest

Please don't even start to reload until you get a good reloading manual. I'd suggest the Lyman 50th, it's the one I use the most and I have several to choose from. As I'm reading your post it looks to me as though you're asking if you can use the same powder and powder weight for two different bullets. The short answer is NO. If you're asking if you can use the same empty case to load two different bullets with different powders and different weights, the short answer is YES. An empty case can be reloaded with a large variety of bullets and powders. In fact, most "hard core" reloaders never use anything but brand new unfired cases and just load whatever they want....per book guidelines. I've been doing this for around fifty years now and still have all my fingers and both eyes. Never had one thing go wrong...yet. I follow the manuals and I read them over closely before I ever loaded my first empty case. Congrats on your new press and you're doing the right thing by asking if you are in doubt. I will caution you that there are people on the internet that will give you some very bad advice and say "I do it all the time", even though it's in complete disagreement with any and all loading manuals and web sites. Good luck and have a long and safe career reloading.

Page generated in 0.03223 seconds with 8 queries