Thread: Gun Control
View Single Post
Old October 16, 2017, 09:45 AM   #47
Glenn E. Meyer

Justin, by now - isn't it clear that you don't know what you are talking about from an evidential base? You are just going on moral panic without reference to what is actually known about the issue.

If you want to ban and confiscate all the guns, you suggest to prevent their use, just say so and justify the costs and violations of rights that you would suspend.

You personally could start by using your own finances to buy back semi guns at an attractive price. Get your friends and neighbors to contribute. I see no reason for my tax money to contribute to your crusade. You can raise the needed billions on a Go Fund Me page.

You are correct that if all guns disappear no one would be shot. If all knives disappear, no one would be stabbed. BTW, the UK has draconian knife laws - do you support them?

The major gun violence is not from EBRs but from smaller handguns, BTW. The causality for that violence is most likely due to the destruction of opportunity for segments of our society caused by the elimination of good jobs for working class folks. Lots of literature on that. Stable economic societies eliminate the major types of violence we see here.

Again, if you only offer moral panic - you are not convincing at all.

Page generated in 0.02727 seconds with 8 queries