View Single Post
Old December 24, 2007, 09:45 PM   #3
mikenbarb

.308 Kimber Mauser time bomb.

Thanks Jim. I just cant believe that an American gun maker had the nerve or was even allowed to do such a carless thing with sporterizing old mauser actions that arent rated for the pressure of a .308 round. They must have had a major brain fart or something to do such a careless thing and put a persons life in danger. I dont have the capability to reload and depend on quality factory ammo so I guess im going to sit down and scratch out a few words and send it to Kimber and see what they say. I also have seen the managed recoil line of ammo. Do you know if the pressures of that line are within the capacity of that type of mauser action? What about a rebarrel? Is their any caliber that I can rebarrel for this action without too much expense. And can you recommend a name of a decent manufacturer for this? I shoot whitetail deer out to 150 yds. so any caliber within that range would be good. I love my .308's and have a few of them so the closer to a .308 the better. Thanks again. Have a Merry Christmas.
P.S- Im not a magnum load guy and love my lighter .30 calibers for deer. I love hunting thick stuff and get up close and personal with what I hunt most of the time but its nice to have a little reach once in a while.

Last edited by mikenbarb; December 24, 2007 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Change wording

Page generated in 0.03255 seconds with 8 queries