View Single Post
Old August 19, 2011, 08:34 AM   #1
Gus-gus

Who is important?

Yesterday morning (5am) I was riding my motorcycle home after a long night at work. I ride thru Tacoma, WA. There were 30 or more black guys about age 20 or so fighting in the middle of Highway 99 and 200th street. There was one unconscious on the road or dead. 2 others were being beat by 3 or 4 other black guys each. There were a couple cars ahead of me who couldn't make it through the mess and they turned right in front of me. I swerved past the cars and darned near hit one of the thugs. Then decided the best part of not hitting him was leaving.
Riding a motorcycle and then needing to brandish a hand gun is a tough transition at best. Full gear, helmet, earplugs, gloves, heavy coat and boots which don't work well for walking.
But it made me think about the process a bit more and the situation where danger and protecting others might make sense.
Honestly I don't think I would have stopped even in my truck. Is that wrong? I feel for the dudes on the ground, however pulling a gun might escalate the situation to gun play quickly. I just don't know if my fears and caution was the right things to do.

Page generated in 0.04168 seconds with 8 queries