Thread: Good Samaritan
View Single Post
Old November 21, 2006, 10:42 AM   #2
Big Don

Not any more

I'm the kind of guy who used to stop and help little old ladies or kids who appeared to be in trouble. I might still help the women but not without sizing them and the area up before I put myself in harm's way. I don't mind using my cell phone to call the auto club for them but I don't get out of my vehicle like I used to.

Your post reminded me of the many stories that make their way around the Internet, some true, some myth, about just such events. While the BG's may not use perfume to lure women into their cars, they're certainly not above asking for "help", just as the guys did in your post.

While many of us would like to help, we certainly aren't about to exit our vehicles with gun in hand, "just in case", and the distances are typically just to short to allow for a quick draw. So, we drive on and hope the local LEO will stop to help instead. Sad days indeed.

Page generated in 0.03503 seconds with 8 queries