View Single Post
Old October 12, 2005, 03:09 AM   #26
chrisandclauida2

any modern premium hollow point ammo should serve well in sufficent caliber. this said many many many factors go into this, clothing can fill the hollow part of the bullet to the point you have no expansion. thus energy dumped into the target and how fast that energey is dumped is severly affected when this happens. when you take away a off button hit your depending on wound cavity trauma to cause the deseired effect. if you look at actual shooting data the 45 9mm and other 30 cal rounds in fmj config are poor fight stoppers.you have to remember the one stop shot data is usually well placed shots. this is the key. shot placement,. short of a gernade you have to place your shots.45 ball is better than 9mm ball. 9 mm hollow point is better than 45 ball. the data shows that the 357 hollow point is the best show stopper. this is also leading data. you have to take into account the ammount of 357 weapons in service and for the 30 years they were prevelent.
the premium slef defense rounds are all excellent stoppers in the proper caliber and power. they are designed to open up under less desireable conditions than the previous designs. hydra shock is the best round in the calibers when it comes to one shot stops. but as i pointed out this is really the first of the new hollow point ammo so it has been used more thus higher precentage. i would stick to corbon speer federal hydra shock and winchester sxt. my personal preference is the federal and winchester. if you have a 38 special you should have +p or +p+ to have the proper velocity to have reliable mushrooming. i have always carried 45. i have recently went to 9mm cause of nerve damage in the hands shoulders and neck. i dont have a second thought about it.you should never use ball ammo. it is ignorant and will almost always over penetrate thus dumping almost no energy and possibly killing a bystandard. dont worrie about calliber. just use any 30 caliber and up round[38 sp 9mm etc and decent ammo and practice practice practice. dont depend on the 60 rounds of ammo you have on your person this leads to pray and spray and poor shot placement. i cant say how much you should drill in drawing working your safties sight alignment and shooting.
YOU WILL REVERT TO HOW YOU PRACTICE IN A STRESSFULL SITUATION.
so if you dont drill properly you will perform poorly. even with constant drilling you preformance will go way down once adrenlin flows. muscle memory is the key. these things should be more importiant than the 9 vers 40 vers 45.

Page generated in 0.03536 seconds with 8 queries