View Single Post
Old January 17, 2006, 01:20 PM   #95
Az Qkr

"In my experiences, point shooting begins to lose its luster past 15 feet....about the length of a car."

Formal training will extend the distance well past 15 feet using QK. One can double that distance with practice and anything inside 21 feet is OWNED immmeidately.

"In a life or death scenario, point shooting past very close range greatly increases the miss probability"

The "very close range" wasn't defined in distance above so it is hard to understand that statement precisely. The statement above is not exclusive to pointshooting however, as most will certainly relate to the same occuring trying to use their sights.

"Past belly gun range is where the lasergrips excel"

That may be your experience yet it is not etched in stone for those who have the training to use threat focused methodologies.

Most anything we will run into where a handgun is used for defense will be well within the 21 feet and probably inside 15. At either of these distances QK is fast and accurate once the skill has been learned.

I've got video of myself using a gov45 with NO sights at 60 feet on a humanoid full size target where 22 rounds were fired from three magazines [ two reloads ] and all shots were on the body, and 70% of those were within an 8 inch circle COM.

Is this something I'll do on the street? Unlikely, but it does indicate that QK is certainly valid past "belly gun range" or "very close range" scenarios with training. The shots were fired quickly at close to two rounds per second.

Robin Brown

Page generated in 0.03906 seconds with 8 queries