View Single Post
Old March 2, 2019, 11:29 PM   #54
PhotonGuy

Quote:
Being that all pump shotguns are judged against the standard of all pump guns, the 870, how does the Mossberg stand up against the 870 in your opinion? I was looking at the Blue Book of Gun Values and noticed that none of their firearms have ever been prized for very much money. Why is that? My take on them as it stands now is that their shotguns are perfectly serviceable and a bit less cost than the 870 so if one wants to take a shotgun into miserable conditions and it still work, get a Mossberg, but is the action generally as reliable as the 870? Is the pump action as durable as the 870? Etc., etc.. Thanks!
If you're going to buy a gun today I would not recommend buying anything made by Remington. I do own a Remington 870 myself but I got it back in 2001 and back then Remington was making good quality guns. Remington does not make them like they used to so I would not buy any of the junk they're pumping out today. Its sad how Remington used to be one of the best firearm companies around and now they're nothing like what they used to be. That being said I would definitely go with a Mossberg over a Remington but that's only because Im dead set against any of the stuff Remington sells today. I don't own any Mossbergs but I do believe they make decent guns. Nevertheless, for a shotgun I would want to go with an FN or better yet a Benelli. They are a bit more expensive, especially the Benelli, but you get what you pay for.

Page generated in 0.08763 seconds with 8 queries