View Single Post
Old March 4, 2013, 07:44 PM   #2
tahunua001

man, I am starting to get sick of this stock.

in all fairness I guess this discussion hasn't been around the block here on the firing line all that much but on the SKS boards in the C&R section it's been a nonstop discussion ever since shot show.

this is just my personal take on the matter so please don't take this too close to heart.

the mosin nagant is one of the crudest designs in history. the tool marks are ugly, the bolts are stiff, the handles are too short to offer any real leverage and the leaf sights are horrible. add to that, the fact that the soldiers that used them were uneducated, untrained conscripts, trying to 'wing it' when it came to maintenance so bores were carved into ovals by steel cleaning rods. add shot out oval bores, crude designs and then the fact that most ammo you can get is either inaccurate and corrosive surplus or just plain inaccurate wolf/tula and it's THEN you want to put a tacticool sniper stock on it?

the only real thing that it has going for it is a 10 round box mag which actually sounds pretty appealing but the overall concept is just flawed. if they would have tried to go with a standard sporter style stock and kept the 10 round mag then it would have a little more practical application as far as I'm concerned but as is, it's a pretty poor idea.

but that's just me

Page generated in 0.04099 seconds with 8 queries