View Single Post
Old October 24, 2012, 09:02 PM   #14
barnbwt

Have you not seen the Youtube videos of guys getting knocked over by powerful rifles (usually because they hadn't been told to expect it)? There's a particularly funny montage of some foriegn guys (Arab?) getting bashed around at some indoor range (someone else link it up again, I'm too lazy...)

Anyway, you're not firing a Nitro Express, but a smaller-scale impulse is rattling through your bones and cartilage, and is ultimately absorbed by your tendons. A punch to the shoulder can harm you, it stands to reason a rifle might. Take a few weeks off shooting, and get checked out by a Doc. Some physical therapy before shooting big-bores again might also be a good idea if you're prone to reinjury

I have short capsules in both shoulders and dislocated them about a dozen times before strengthening my stabilizer muscles up through therapy. I've had no issues for over two years, now, but to this day I have to be really careful to keep my shoulder tight when reaching behind my head.

TCB

Page generated in 0.02279 seconds with 8 queries