View Single Post
Old June 2, 2011, 01:55 AM   #7
Lost Sheep

Wrong move, I think

Quote:
DarthNul

I took a closer look at the adjustable insert too figure out where I might start shaving it down, and I found a couple of nibs on the bottom of the center piece. They look like flash from the ports where the resin was injected into the mold. They protrude more than 0.006, that's for sure. They lift the rear of the sliding piece which could explain the leakage.

I filed them off and the unit slides much better. It's still tighter than the fixed disks but not by much.

Looks like the problem may be solved. I'll test it out tomorrow to see if the leaks are gone, and to find out how consistently it drops compared to the disks.

Thanks for all your ideas!
I think those nibs are guide posts that engage slots in the body of the Auto-Disk. They keep the cavity of the disk or charge bar lined up with the powder hopper and the powder drop hole as if moves back and forth.

The actuating lever also helps keep the position and the die body itself, too.

If there is too much movement such that the cavity does not line up with the hole(s), your powder drops may not be consistent. Try testing the powder drops in a large number of circumstances and see how uniform they are.

If I am wrong about the nibs you cut off, forgive my alarming you. Were they about 1/8" long and 1/16" in diameter?

Sorry I cannot upload pictures right now.

Lost Sheep

Page generated in 0.03433 seconds with 8 queries