View Single Post
Old February 11, 2000, 05:59 AM   #6
45King

Texas Lawman, you are right, and that was an inaccuracy on my part. What I should have said is that although the rpm's are the same, the velocity at which the outer edge moves is faster than that of the inner portion of the lable. However, even that's not truly accurate, as what is happening in the case of the brain injury is that the inner & outer portions move at such disparate speeds that there is an actual physical disconnect to a minute degree. It's more like the ice skating game of "crack the whip."

Medic, thanks for clarifying that. I couldn't remember the exact terminology they had used, but what you're describing sounds like what they said. They did highlight the story of one woman who had been involved in a severe auto accident and as a result of this particular phenomenon, permanently lost her memory. She made a full physical recovery, but had to "relearn" her life, which was pretty difficult as she was the single mother of an 11 year old daughter.

------------------
Shoot straight regards, Richard at The Shottist's Center http://forums.delphi.com/m/main.asp?sigdir=45acp45lc

Page generated in 0.03533 seconds with 8 queries