View Single Post
Old November 15, 2007, 10:26 PM   #1
thetoecutter

reloading .223 for an ARclone questions

Bought 1000 once-fired Federal cases from Wideners. About 50/50 crimped/non-crimped.

De-capped them all and tumbled, now am sizing & trimming.

Bought an LE Wilson trimmer set-up w/ small primer pocket reamer.

Needed some cases to work up some loads, primed 20 each crimped(reamed) and non-crimped.

The non-crimped cases seem to have relatively "loose" primer pockets. Some are obviously "too loose". Those feel like some of my old .44mag brass that has been rode hard and put away wet one too many times.

The reamed cases feel more like I am used to.

I guess my question is, are these cases (kinda loose pockets) going to cause problems in an ARclone?

I've been reloading for 15+ years, but this is my first ever experience with full-length sizing for a semi-auto rifle. Have done thousands (and thousands) of 9mm, .45ACP, 38spl, and .44mag. Have done a bunch of rifle rounds in varying calibers, but those have all been neck-sized for bolt guns in a LOT smaller batches.

Would like to get as many rounds as possible done to give to my 1st year ROTC son for Christmas (I'm getting the rifle).

Really don't want to spend the time loading 3-400 cases and then have a problem, so any shared experiences would be appreciated...

TTC

Page generated in 0.02861 seconds with 8 queries