View Single Post
Old November 26, 2005, 07:29 AM   #2
Remington kid

Kevin, Really don't believe that you hurt them unless you used a blow torch and turned it red hot. The steel in these guns is really soft and that's a good thing when you have to heat it. Most gunsmiths recommend that you case harden the trigger and the hammer because it is so soft.. If it turns in the gun without any problems then I would load some light loads in it , say about 15g. of your 777 and see what happens.Then work up 5g at a time to check it.Clean the cylinders real well before moving up on the grains and inspect it each time.
I have always used lock ease on my nipples (graphite) and have not had any problems. About twice a year or so I remove eveything on the gun and clean up the nipples with steel wool on top and on the sides. When doing a quick cleaning between shooting times I used windex and a tooth brush on the cylinders and nipples, blow it all out after swabing the cylinders and then use WD-40 on everything and blow it out again. Dry the inside of the cylinders with a patch and q-tips and use a pipe cleaner to dry the inside of the nipple.Hold the cylinder up to the light and make sure all holes are clean.
After I put it all back togeather I give it a light coat WD-40 and then grease my cylinder pin , star , rammer and a little grease around the inside of the frame where the cylinder sits.
This all takes about 30 minutes per gun for a complete cleaning like that. For my normal cleaning it takes about 15 minutes.

Page generated in 0.03224 seconds with 8 queries