View Single Post
Old April 6, 2018, 04:41 AM   #21
briandg

this ain't legal advice either, but something that I have seen regarding these issues is that the can and cannot are really pretty basic codes, really. Kept simple for the stupid. Don't do this. You can do that. they try to make the exceptions clear, and try to make the standards clear, simple, easy to read and remember.

Nobody can create a legal code that can take all of the personal judgement out of the act of shooting, or the personal judgment out of a trial. Being stupid and owning guns is a bad combination, being stupid and owning lots of things, even a lighter is fraught with peril.

Hollywood, as has been mentioned, is probably the worst place to get an education anywhere in the known universe, but people insist on looking there anyway.

But again, everything else about this incident is decided after it happens. The shooter must determine what to do, based on what the laws permit, and so to speak, take his best shot. His decision is pretty much over. Now, his choice will be examined in exquisite detail by a bunch of real smart people, and maybe a few pretty stupid people, and the judgement of his actions may take weeks or even years.

if there is anything that I think that I've learned is keep it freakin simple. Don't argue, don't play head games, don't play clint eastwood, and don't act like some sort of action hero. Keep your mouth shut and low key, and don't allow anyone to come to the conclusion that you are stupid and dangerous and guilty of a crime.

There is a lady who refuses to vaccinate her kids on the internet now, and her justification is that God, who knows everything, didn't put it in the bible.

We've tried to put every possible scenario into the law books, every tiny twist in the story, but just like god, the legal code has only got so much room to work with. That's why we are constantly being asked to decide whether the defendant has broken the law.

Page generated in 0.03561 seconds with 8 queries