View Single Post
Old December 21, 2013, 01:11 AM   #17
ckpj99

It sounds like pretty much everyone has said how good a model 10, but I don't think anyone has talked about the trigger.

The trigger on mine is exceptional. The DA is a very smooth (maybe 6 lbs), the SA is very light with absolutely no creep. I have an old Model 36 as well, which people say has a really nice trigger for a small revolver, however, the Model 10 is like night and day with it. Older K/L frame sized Smiths are said to have some of the best revolver triggers ever made. Short of a Korth or something custom, I don't think you'll find anything better.

You've said you owned a couple other revolvers, so you may know this, but what I really like about revolvers is the ability to truly customize your shooting experience by changing the grips. You can get bantam/boot/secret service style grips and make the gun a very handy, tight package. On the opposite end of the spectrum, you can get big, cushy, mattress sized Hogue rubber grips and almost eliminate the felt recoil. I personally like wood grips on all my guns, and my M10 wears Jerry Miculek's smooth wood grips that just rock.

Page generated in 0.03885 seconds with 8 queries